The cause of the specified error could be in a numerous things. In order to successfully resolve that problem, please check up the following things:
1. SQL server instance is running
2. Be aware of the firewall settings (SQL Server port must not be blocked)
3. Enable TCP/IP Protocol in order to allow remote connection
Basically remote connection to the server needs to be allowed. Please refer to this helpful article: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/walzenbach/archive/2010/04/14/how-to-enable-remote-connections-in-sql-server-2008.aspx
If your problem still occurs, we will need more info, like:
1. Are you using a shared hosting?
2. Please take a look GoDaddy connection strings
3. Can you provide us with yours connection string, and maybe detailed error log?