MonoX support board

Start the conversation, ask questions and share tips and solutions with fellow developers.

Non-registered users can only browse through our support boards. Please register now if you want to post your questions. It takes a second and it is completely free. Alternatively, you can log in without registration using your credentials at major sites such as Google, Microsoft Live, OpenId, Facebook, LinkedIn or Yahoo.

Change all "Group" text to "Club"  (Mono Support )

Viewed 9814 time(s), 8 post(s) 3/25/2012 12:26:39 PMby DavidZurillo
DavidZurillo

DavidZurillo

3/25/2012 12:26:39 PM
Hi,

I'm setting up a new site which is going to be a place for small sporting clubs to host a discussionboard, blog and members. So far MonoX is looking good, however I am unable to find localization setting to change the word "Group" to "Club" as club makes more sense in my context to users then group.

Can someone please assist me in changing in UI only is ok, the word "Group" to the word "Club" "Clubs" etc ??

Another thing I would to do is have each club have their own subdomain e.g. newyork.sportsclub.net, washington.sportsclub.net etc etc.. Is this possible with a single web site (using host headers) and a single database ? (similar to how DotNetNuke handles parent portals ??
This content has not been rated yet. 
55 Reputation 6 Total posts
DavidZurillo

DavidZurillo

3/26/2012 2:49:16 AM
I just opened the Localization solution in visual studio, modified "Groups_MyGroupsTitleFormatString" in "SocialNetworkingResources.resx" to say "My clubs" instead of "My groups". Built the solution, and copied over all of the files in the bin folder.

The change doesn't seem to have worked ?

I noticed that the the "SocialNetworkingResources.resx" is being placed in a "en-US" subfolder, which in my portal is the default langauge. I noticed in the root bin folder on my site their was a MonoX.Resouces.dll so I overwrote this one with the one from the solutions outputted "en-US" subfolder, the site didn't like that and broke (I suspect due to public keys or soemthing).. So I deleted the MonoX.resources.dll from the bin directory, site runs fine but the text still says "My groups" which is weird, where is that comming from?

Essentially: So how do I change default localization text ? (using the dbresouce option instead doesn't have all of the localization entries).
This content has not been rated yet. 
55 Reputation 6 Total posts
HueseyinDursun

HüseyinDursun

3/26/2012 7:42:49 AM
If your default language English (en-US), I think You must create a new file named "SocialNetworkingResources.en.US.resx" and then build the project after translation.
This content has not been rated yet. 
450 Reputation 66 Total posts
DavidZurillo

DavidZurillo

3/26/2012 9:37:14 AM
I just tried that, still no change.. (recylced app pool etc).

What is the MonoX.Resources.dll in the root bin folder?
This content has not been rated yet. 
55 Reputation 6 Total posts
DavidZurillo

DavidZurillo

3/26/2012 10:00:29 AM
Hey can you please try to change the text "My groups" to "My clubs" and tell me if the change works.. I don't think it is using resource string...
This content has not been rated yet. 
55 Reputation 6 Total posts
HueseyinDursun

HüseyinDursun

3/26/2012 10:02:26 AM
Try to do these steps:

1. Copy /MonoX/Samples/Solution/LocalizationSolution/ folder out of your website.

2. Run Microsoft Visual Web Develeoper and click "open project" find the LocalizationSolution.sln file and open.

3. There will be language files on the right. Find "SocialNetworkingResources.resx" (or other English language files) and save as ""SocialNetworkingResources.en.US.resx"

4. Do your changes and save the file.

5. Build the project.

6. There will be a "bin" folder in your project. In this "bin" folder there will be "en-US" folder. Copy this folder into you website's "bin" folder.

I think this must work...
This content has not been rated yet. 
450 Reputation 66 Total posts
DavidZurillo

DavidZurillo

3/26/2012 10:59:38 AM
Thanks. I gave that a go but it still didn't work. So what I did was create a copy of every resx type file and added au.EN to it.. Then in each file I replaced the word group with club and built the solution, copied bin folder over then changed default language to en.AU and recycled app pools.. This worked!!! yay!

But now all default content is missing, which is ok because i didn't want it.. So just need to create the pages...

Thanks again for your help..

PS. This forum doesn't work on iPhone, safari throws and error "Too many redirects ocured to show the page"..
This content has not been rated yet. 
55 Reputation 6 Total posts
HueseyinDursun

HüseyinDursun

3/26/2012 11:12:52 AM
No problem. I'm glad to hear you solved your problem.
This content has not been rated yet. 
450 Reputation 66 Total posts