Sorry for asking again but any update for 4.9 version ? I want to launch my site and need to decide if I should go with 4.8 or 4.9 since customizing 4.8 then upgrading to 4.9 and customizing that too will be a lot of work.
Np, I'd suggest the same thing as I did before, please push your app on MonoX 4.8 as 4.9 will bring some small changes and a new themes, changed administration and installation screens. It will be a bit hard for you to upgrade to new theme as new theme is based on SaSS.
So I rather customize one version rather than spending double time on doing that on 2 version.
You won't have to do any customization when moving to 4.9 if you stick to your current theme and styling, you will just fix few screens and that would be it.
I can't disclose any ETAs as we are doing a major restyling and shift in skinning technologies so we can't give any firm estimates. One thing that we are considering is to release the 4.9 and 5.0 Beta at the same time so community can help us make the transition to DI based engine.