I will just quote the text from the user manual. Please let me know if you need more info:
MonoX includes powerful Search Engine Optimization mechanisms that can help users place their
portals very high on all major search engines.
- ViewState oprimization: MonoX can completely remove the contents of the ViewState hidden form field. It practically means that your page will be much "lighter" in terms of size and load times, as ViewState hidden field can hold tens of kilobytes of data even in moderately complex applications.
All this is possible without loosing any of the ViewState-related functionality. Instead of the hidden form field, the ViewState data can be stored in a database, file system, or session.
- HTTP compression: each page or related resource can be compressed on the fly, reducing the
impact on the bandwidth and page load times. More details on both ViewState and HTTP
compression can be found in the section "Page optimization ".
- URL rewriting is a well known Search Engine Optimization technique. The basic premise is that clean URLs containing highly relevant keywords and without query string parameters will place your pages much higher in search engine rankings.
- SiteMaps generation: Sitemaps are an easy way for webmasters to inform search engines about pages on their sites that are available for crawling. In its simplest form, a Sitemap is an XML file that lists URLs for a site along with additional metadata about each URL (when it was last updated, how often it usually changes, and how important it is, relative to other URLs in the site) so that search engines can more intelligently crawl the site. MonoX comes with a ready-to-use HttpHandler for sitemaps generation.
- Automatic META description generation: switching the AutogenerateMetaKeywords tag to True
will cause MonoX to automatically generate META description tags for every page in the portal.
- Integration with Google Analytics: setting the GoogleAnalyticsAccountNo tag to your Google
Analytics account number (or numbers, for multiple portal instances) will set up everything that is needed to integrate your portal with Google Analytics
- Compact and standards-compliant output: MonoX produces very compact and standards-compliant HTML output which is favored by search engines.
- Powerful administration and editing tools: you can perform SEO-related fine tuning interactively and in real time.
This content has not been rated yet.