I am having an issue getting MonoX up and running. I've gone thru all the other posts on install issues, and have not achieved success yet. I have made some progress, such as installing windows Identity Framework got me past some initial issues.
1. downloaded MonoX (MonoX_4_7_40_4136.zip)
2. Created a Directory structure of C:\websites\monoxdev and copied the contents in
3. Created an IIS application called MonoxDev, and assigned the directory
4. Verified monoxdev application pool was created, and using .NET v4.0.30319 (ran the aspnet_regiis tool during my many attempts, as well)
I have not touched any files in the default install - I have only viewed them to verify settings from other install trouble threads.
When I run the application (http://monoxdev/) I get the following page:
Server Error in '/' Application.
Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.
I check the Monox logs, and they are empty.
I look in the windows even log and see a security error - well, not so much an error, but an Information:
Event code: 4010
Event message: An unhandled security exception has occurred.
Event time: 1/12/2013 7:40:44 PM
Event time (UTC): 1/13/2013 12:40:44 AM
Event ID: 6582668a4d9f458d8167e1fe9e94efc3
Event sequence: 1
Event occurrence: 1
Event detail code: 0
Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-2-130025112437273559
Trust level: Full
Application Virtual Path: /
Application Path: C:\websites\monoxdev\
Machine name: PANTHER
Process ID: 2348
Process name: w3wp.exe
Account name: IIS APPPOOL\monoxdev
Request path: /
User host address: 127.0.0.1
Is authenticated: False
Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\monoxdev
Custom event details:
And I can't get past it. I have verified the monoxdev directory has the IIS AppPool\monoxdev with full permissions (I have even tried downgrading to network service and local system, based on other suggestions, with no luck).
I am sure I am missing something simple, but I can't find it. I have another web application running in a similar set-up with no issues.
Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit, Service Pack 1
IIS Version 7.5.7600.16385
Visual Studio 2012 Installed (Just FYI, haven't used for this project yet)